Herbal Remedies for Food Poisoning: There is no denying that almost all of us have suffered from food poisoning, at-least once in our lives!!!
We all love to eat those mouth-watering street foods from the roadside stall, however, in seasons like summers and monsoon, there are high-chances that the food is not hygienic and is contaminated or stale, which may lead to infections and severe stomach pain.
Food poisoning is caused by improper and unhygienic handling of food which can spread harmful bacteria in our stomach.
It is important to increase the intake of fluids, stay well hydrated, & avoid solid foods when suffering from Food Poisoning. Also, there are many herbal home remedies that can help relieve from Food Poisoning.
- Lemon: The acidity of the lemon juice kills most of the bacteria that cause food poisoning.
Procedure: Squeeze the lemon juice and add a pinch of sugar to your regular black tea.
Dosage: Drink the tea twice a day.
- Basil (Tulsi) leaves: This gives rapid relief from vomiting, weakness, and body pain.
Procedure: Take 2-3 tbsp of basil leaf & extract the juice, mix it in a half cup of fresh curd add a small amount of black salt and black pepper to it.
Dosage: Take this 3-4 times a day.
- Cumin (jeera) seeds: This provides considerable relief from vomiting and abdominal pain.
Procedure: Take equal amounts (10-15 seeds) of cumin and fenugreek (methi) seeds and grind & add the powder in a glass of water.
Dosage: Drink the mixture twice a day.
- Ginger: Ginger is the best home remedy for the treatment of food poisoning and is in fact known to Ayurveda as “the king of medicines’.
Procedure: Take a small piece of ginger root and make a paste & mix it with buttermilk.
Dosage: Take this 2-3 times a day.
Procedure: Ginger extract may also be taken along with lemon juice to provide fast relief from vomiting, nausea, etc. Take equal amounts (2-3 tablespoon) of ginger juice and lemon extract, add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to it.
Dosage: Take this mixture 3-4 times a day.
- Garlic: Garlic is also very effective in fighting food poisoning due to its strong antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also relieves symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Dosage: Swallow one fresh garlic clove, with water daily once in a day.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil (Pudin Hara or Amritdhara) is known for its calming effect which is extremely required for people suffering from stomach inflammations during food poisoning. Add 3-4 drops of peppermint oil in water and your stomach cramps will vanish in next couple of hours.
Dosage: Drink the water every 2 hours.
- Bread: Bread is known to soak up poison. Immediately swallow a bread piece as soon as you get aware that you caught food poisoning. The repercussions of food poisoning will get minimized by this smart step of yours.
- Papaya: Cut a raw papaya into small cubes and add it to a glass of water and boil for about 15 minutes and then drink it.
Dosage: Drink the warm papaya water 2-3 times a day.
- Special combination: Ginger, Lemon, Mint leaves & Honey:
Procedure: Crush around 15 to 20 mint leaves and ginger grind them and make a paste & extract the juice, take 2 tbsp of this juice & add 1 tbsp of honey & extract juice of 1 tbsp lemon juice to it & stir well.
Dosage: Take it twice (morning & evening) a day before meal food.
- Especially for curing morning sickness, vomiting, and nausea:
Procedure: Take 10 to 15 curry leaves, crush them & extract the juice & add 1 tbsp honey & 1 tbsp of lemon juice & shake well.
Dosage: Drink this mixture twice a day for better results.
- Giloy Herb: It is herbal formulation prepared by pure extracts of Giloy. It is effective against the infectious disease. It also helps to provide relief in symptoms of food poisoning.
Dosage: 1 tbsp powder twice a day with water after meals.
- Triphala capsules: It is beneficial for the treatment of stomach of stomach disorder & supports the healthy digestive support. It is a combination of Amalaki, Haritaki & Bahera.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice a day.
- Ashwagandha Capsules: It possesses natural rejuvenating properties for the body. It enhances the immunity of the body.
Dosage: 1 capsules twice a day with water after a meal.
- Arogyavardhini Vati: It helps to balance all three doshas & helps to support the healthy digestive system, immune system.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day with warm water after meals.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a wonderful home remedy for the treatment of food poisoning. Though it is acidic in nature, the alkaline impact it has inside the body of the humans make it an ideal home remedy for food poisoning.
Dosage: Add 2 drops of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink it once in a day.
Food poisoning often improves on its own within 48 hours. To help keep yourself more comfortable and prevent dehydration while you recover. And do try out these herbal remedies to recover quickly.